Peanut Noodle Salad

I realize I haven't been blogging much food on my food blog.  Sorry.  Running has taken over my life.  Here's a thing I ate today that was delicious!

This recipe was born out of having leftover peanut sauce when I make my peanut sauce chicken.  If I have leftover sauce, I dilute it with rice vinegar until it reaches salad dressing consistency and then stir it into some cold noodles and veggies.

However, the resulting salad is yummy I wanted to make it one day without making peanut sauce first.  This is it:

Peanut Noodle Salad


Nouns:
1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
1/2 red pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 green pepper, sliced thinly
6-8 scallions, chopped
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp fresh grated ginger

Optional Garnish:  sesame seeds or chopped peanuts

Verbs:
Stir together all the ingredients but the noodles, peppers and scallions.  The dressing should come together into a thick, but liquidy mixture.  Add more rice vinegar if necessary, or to taste.  In a large bowl, toss the chilled pasta, veggies and dressing until everything is coated.  Garnish and serve cold.  Yummm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment