Hurray! We have a car!

After much travail and torment, at last we have a car.  It is blue.  It runs.  It is ours.  There was much rejoicing.

The Husband deserves most of the credit because he devoted his staycation to driving from Hillsboro to Gresham to Forest Grove and other faraway places to test drive a relatively endless stream of Hyundais, and he dealt with the logistics and financing and price negotiations while I was down in Salem doing that thing that is my job.

I hesitate to say so, because I don't want to jinx anything, but I really really like this car.  I really do.  And I hope it will last a long time and not strand us on the side of I-5.  It is pretty cute, too.  Yay!  Car!  Special Thanks to Jared, emergency transportation provider extraordinaire, for lending us his truck while we were carless.  Jared is awesome.  Also, I felt pretty cool driving a truck with a skull and crossbones air freshener.

0 comments:

Post a Comment