Marathon Training

I have plotted out the next few weeks of training and figured out where my long runs will fall and where I'll take a step-back.  I plan to do a step back every other week for the last bit of training here, because running 20 miles every weekend is nutso, and even I know that.

So this morning I ran 14 miles as a step-back, and then next weekend will be the big 20.  Whee!  20 miles!  I'm going to be very conscientious about my stretching and my short runs this week, because 20 miles is way far, and because my let shin is a little unhappy these days.  Important note: MUST NOT GET SHIN SPLINTS RIGHT BEFORE MARATHON.

After my 20, I'll step back to 16 the next week, then do another 20, step back to 16, and then I will run 22 miles as my last long run before the marathon.  Because I am a BAMF.  (Grandma, if you're reading this, don't google BAMF.  Just assume that it means I am a well-behaved young lady)  And then I will taper off for two weeks, including the week I am at altitude for my sister's wedding.  Yeah, I am not running more than 10 miles at altitude, because I am not that  much of a BAMF.  My sister lives at 5500 feet above sea level, and I live.. at sea level, more or less.  So I am going to be hurting just walking around, and there is no oxygen up there!  How did I live for 18 years with no oxygen?  It's a mystery.

7 weeks to go!  It's going to be awesome.



0 comments:

Post a Comment