Marathon Training

I didn't blog last week's sixteen miler, which is too bad, because it was an awesome run.  Oh well.

This week was harder.  I'm tired.  So so tired.  I'm worn out from all the craziness of the last week.  So I didn't want to run today.  I just didn't.  I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning, and then I couldn't get motivated to go until the hottest part of the day.  So I stalled and I stalled and I stalled.

Finally, it was 6:30, and I had to go or it would get too dark.  So I loaded up with my gear and my music and I went, out of a sense of obligation, not excitement.  And it was hard to get going.  But the open grassy areas along the trail were glowing in the sun and I was moving, moving, and finding my pace.  It was a fine run, not amazing, not terrible, until about mile 13, when it started to get dark.

I had pushed it too late, and the park trails were too dark to be safe.  So I cranked up the pace because I needed to get home, get home before it was really night.  So I ran faster and faster, and I took the long way around to avoid the dark trails, and I felt... amazing.  Like I could run faster and farther than before and faster and farther ... forever.  I was running so fast it was like my legs forgot how to not run, and stopping for red lights or dark stretches of road became very difficult, and I just wanted to run and run and run, through the dark or the light... wherever the road went.

It was so worth it to run, and I am so glad I finally finally went.   Now for bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment