Marathon Training

I did a "stepback" long run today, rather than increasing my mileage.  I was planning on doing fourteen miles, but I was so tired that I made a deal with myself to go at least twelve and see how I felt.  It took a really long time to get into the run.  I ate waaaay too much today at the baby shower and afterward (the leftovers wouldn't all fit in the fridge, and they had to go somewhere) and it took a few miles to shake the feeling that I was just not supposed to be moving at all.  Once I got past mile 4 or so, though, I started to loosen up and feel great, and I was so so so thankful I was out running.  I took two days off instead of one before my long run this week because I delayed it a day, and I really felt it.  I needed this run.  I needed it badly.

However, about mile 7 I noticed that my toe was bothering me, and then by mile 8 I was pretty sure I was developing a wicked blister.  Miles 10-13 were severely unpleasant.  I would say excruciating, but I know too many pregnant ladies to mess around with words like that right now; childbirth is excruciating.  A blister is merely unpleasant.   Severely unpleasant.  The worst part about my blister, though, was that try as I might, I couldn't help altering my stride a little in response to the pain, so my ankles started to get a little hinky.  All around bad news.

I considered posting a photo of my blister, but that is gross.  Instead, for no discernible reason, here is a picture of Moby, who is also severely unpleasant at times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment