Chocolate Chip Cookies

The best chocolate chip cookies in world, as far as I'm concerned, are my friend Betsy's.  They are, hands down, the most deliciously perfect concoction ever, and I have loved them for years.  Because Betsy is incredibly wonderful, she shared her magical recipe with me and I am able to make them for my friends and coworkers.  I made them for carpool today and one of my carpool mates ate his dozen before the day was over.  Here's the recipe:

Betsy's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Nouns-
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 - 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Verbs-
Preheat oven to 375.  Cream the butter and sugars together.  When smooth, add the vanilla and egg and beat on medium speed until smooth.  Stir in the baking soda and salt and add the flour gradually until a stiff dough forms.  Drop large spoonfuls of dough two inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until light brown.  If your oven is crappy, like mine, you should rotate the cookie sheet halfway through cooking.  Cool on the pan for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool.  Yummers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment