Baby Shower Food!

This weekend I'm hosting a baby shower for my beloved Miriam and her husband Lee and their little soon-to-be-baby.  Because the shower is in a park, I had to get creative with the food.  There isn't a BBQ, but there is electricity, so I am going to feed 12-15 people from a selection of salads that can be served at room temperature and from two crockpots.  Here's the plan:

Party Meatballs- Crockpot 1 will have store-bought (I know, cheating!) turkey meatballs in tangy sauce.  Simply pour a bottle of Heinz chili sauce and a bottle of apricot preserves over the meatballs and cook on low in the crock for  few hours and Voila! delicious.

Shredded Chipotle Chicken Soft Tacos- Crockpot 2 will have chicken slow cooked with chipotle chilis in adobo.  Once the chicken is done it'll be shredded and put back in the crock and served with a huge stack of corn tortillas and some fresh pico de gallo.  Yummers.

No-Mayo Potato Salad- Roasted cubed red potatoes with chopped hard boiled eggs, celery, fennel, green onions and maybe capers, in a light Dijon fennel vinaigrette.

Mediterranean Pasta Salad- Tricolor rotini with carrots, peppers, artichokes, cauliflower, broccoli, tons of feta cheese and Italian dressing.

Cabbage Salad- my usual recipe

Lemon Cupcakes- I'm using the Joy of Baking recipe but trying to track down some lavender to do lavender icing instead of the regular lemon.

Red Velvet Cupcakes- Again, the joy of baking recipe.

Kids' Station- Juice boxes, strawberries, crackers.

I'll also put out some watermelon, strawberries and beverages.




I have to go boil eggs, roast potatoes and cook pasta now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment