Arts and Crafts

Last night I set out to make baby shower invitations for a shower for my friend Miriam, otherwise known as the most adorable pregnant lady in the world.  I am not naturally very artistic, despite an excellent art education as a kid (thanks, mom!) and though I'm a ridiculous perfectionist in other aspects of my life (should the period be italicized after an Id. cite?)  I never managed to get my mom's eye for aesthetic detail or her ability to perfectly execute the images she has in her head.  In fact, I"m a bit of a mess.  The invitations are very cute, but they're also a little ... handmade ... looking.  Which is fine, because they are handmade.  And I'm sure Miriam appreciates my making them, smudges and all.  This process is just making me doubly and triply grateful for my mother and Miriam and their assistance with my wedding save the dates and invites two years ago.  Miriam made the most awesome save the dates ever, and my mom made handmade paper for The Husband and I to make our invites from.  And I'm sure in an hour when I'm yelling at the printer and trying to get the inserts perfect, I'll be doubly and triply grateful for Betsy, who dealt with printing maps and other nonsense for the wedding.

I am surrounded by such creative and skillful people.  So lucky am I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment