Meal Plan

Yesterday I made hot wings for a group of guys who came over to play Halo, and they turned out pretty well.  There are a few things I'd do differently, but in general, yum!  I broiled the wings to brown them, then tossed them in the crockpot with some butter, a cup or so of chili sauce, some apricot preserves and some Thai chili garlic sauce. After an hour and a half or so, we had delicious wings!  The sauce was a little thin, so next time I'd add a thickener or allow more time to cook down.

This week's meal plan:

BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes- I will make bbq shredded chicken in the crockpot and serve it over baked potatoes with some chives, shredded cheese and other goodies.

Falafel Wraps-falafel balls in pita pockets with humus, lettuce, red onions, and tzatziki sauce.

Dan Dan Noodles- I'll be taking a stab at one of my favorite dishes to eat out at Chinese restaurants.  I plan to saute egg noodles with ground chicken and spicy sauce, then top with diced cucumbers and bean sprouts.

Chicken Caesar- Grilled chicken, Caesar salad

Veggie Minestrone- All the leftovers in the cupboard and fridge will finally find a home, so it will have some pasta, some beans, some tomato paste, and some celery, carrots, green beans and other assorted veggies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment