Meal Plan update

We went a little over budget on groceries this week, but not by much, and at least some of the overage was because of beer.  Yes, it is just very difficult to fit in alcohol on $40/week.  Oh well.

Tonight we ate the fettuccine, but I'm not posting a recipe because I'm not thrilled with my cream sauce.  I need to do some research and mess with it a bit.  Still, homemade noodles + cream + cheese is pretty much a solid win even if the sauce isn't 100% perfect.

So, I am going to grab 4 chicken breasts out of the freezer tonight and pop them in the fridge to defrost/marinate all day tomorrow.  Then, when I get home tomorrow night, I'll broil those up and use two on the spinach salad and two in the chicken salad.  Except for chopping things for the chicken salad, we'll then be set until Thursday.  Whew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment