Broccoli and Ham Quiche with Potato Crust

I had turkey ham leftover from last week's ham and noodles, so this week's meal plan included a quiche!  Delish.  It is hard to find commercial pie crusts without lard in them sometimes, and I'm not a baker, so I don't make my own.  Thus, I use a potato crust.  It goes thusly:

Quiche


Nouns:
2 potatoes, thinly sliced
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cheddar, grated
1 cup steamed broccoli florets
3/4 cup cubed ham
1 small onion, diced
pinch of nutmeg

Verbs:
Preheat an oven to 350.  Grease a pie tin, and spread the thin slices of potato along the bottom and sides, overlapping edges so the entire area is covered.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove and let cool.  Fill the tin with broccoli, ham, onion and cheese.  Whip the eggs together, add the milk and nutmeg.  Pour the egg mixture over the filling in the pie tin.  Bake for 45-60 minutes.  Yummm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment