Lentil Loaf!

This week, as our vegetarian meal, I made a lentil loaf, which is like a meatloaf, but with lentils instead of meat.  Duh.  Anyway, so I looked at a bunch of recipes online, and they all had the same basic theme, so I figured, "hey, I'll just throw this together the way I would a meatloaf, and we'll be in business!"

It turned out... okay.  I think it needed to cook longer and have less liquid, because it didn't quite set.  It was a bit mushy.  However, it was still good, and with some tweaking, could be awesome.  I served it with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn.  Yummm.

Lentil Loaf


Nouns:
2 cups lentils, cooked and drained  (I do mine in the crockpot with bay leaves and a veggie boullion cube in the cooking water)
1 onion, diced
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
splash worchestershire sauce
Ketchup
1/2 green pepper, diced

Verbs:
Preheat oven to 300.  Mush up the lentils with a fork.  Mix the lentils, egg, onion, worchestershire sauce, pepper, and breadcrumbs. Add a few squirts of ketchup.  Spread the mixture into a greased loaf pan.  Smear the top with ketchup.  Bake for an hour.  It tastes like... lentils!  And meatloaf!  But mostly lentils.

0 comments:

Post a Comment