Noodle-y Goodness


My beloved husband got me a fantastic addition to my kitchen for Christmas this year, and I got to try it out last weekend.

Presenting: the pasta attachments for my Siegfried, my Kitchenaid stand mixer.  Siegfried doesn't get used very much, because I am not much a baker.  I believe this is because successful baking requires the baker to carefully follow lots of rules, measure things, and generally follow directions.  I am pathologically incapable of doing those things, under normal circumstances.

However, one FANTASTIC use for Siegfried is making pasta dough, and now I have the technology to transform pasta dough into spaghetti or fettuccine.



So, I sent my husband out for some eggs and semolina, and went to town.  To celebrate, I am having a pasta party this weekend, for which I will be attempting Spinach Fettuccine and perhaps some tortellini.  Or Tortelloni, because pinching together dozens and dozens of tiny pasta pockets is time consuming, and wouldn't you rather have big ones, anyway?


I give rave reviews to the Kitchenaid attachments, by the way.  The roller press attachment is sturdy steel and the setting knob is just like my old manual machine.  It fits on the mixer easily and can be changed out in about five seconds.  Both the cutter attachments sliced cleanly and work well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment