Interview


I had a job interview this morning, and it went okay, I think.  Really, it's just starting to hit home for me how soon big changes are coming and how unprepared I really am for them.  My job ends in August, which is 7 months away.  Shortly thereafter, the husband is going back to school.  It would probably make sense for us to move around that time if I manage to get a job that doesn't require a commute, since the main reason we live in this suburb is so that I can easily hop on the highway and reduce commute time.  But all that is up in the air... I don't have a job offer, he doesn't have an acceptance letter, and we don't know where we'd go if we went.


I have very job options, and even fewer that actually appeal to me.  It seems each has its own set of drawbacks.  The job I think I would enjoy the most would mean still commuting, and getting a pay increase, but not enough of one to compensate for losing the husband's income.  That's the only job I have an interview for.  There are other options, one not involving a commute but involving a pay cut, and one not involving a commute that would be a pay raise, but neither has responded to my applications as yet, and time is ticking.


It's discouraging and tiring to constantly be networking, to be talking to people who might know someone who might know someone who might know of a job.  I had the waiting and the roller coaster of hope and defeat.  Still, at least I got an interview.  That feels like forward motion.  


I am tired of strapping on my heels and hose, blowdrying my hair, putting on conservative jewelry and dry-cleaning my suits.  

Anyway, wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment