Gin!

Over the weekend I celebrated my 29th birthday.  As has become a tradition, I had a small gathering of good friends over for a gin-themed party, during which we ate good food, chatted and imbibed gin cocktails.  Yummmm!

This year, I did three signature cocktails, and they were awesome!  I highly recommend them for fans of gin.  For people who aren't fans of gin, well, you're silly.

Gin Buck
6-8 oz ginger beer or high-quality ginger ale
1.5 oz gin (I like Tanqueray Rangpur for this)
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
Served in a Collins glass over ice with a lime wedge.

White Lady
This is my favoritest of all gin drinks, because it is subtle, frothy, and flavorful without being either sweet or overpowering.
1.5 oz gin (I like Aviation or No. 3 for this as local Oregon gins, but I tried with Hendricks this weekend and that was also delicious!)
1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 oz Cointreau
1 egg white
Shaken with ice and strained into a martini glass, served with a twist.

Infused Lemongrass Mint G and T
We were lucky enough to receive a few flavors of these awesome spirits infusers for Christmas this year, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try them out.
1.5 oz gin
4 oz Tonic
1 infuser
Lime
Infuse the gin for 3-5 minutes or until it takes on a soft green color.  Then remove the infuser and serve the gin with ice, tonic and a lime wedge.  Yum!


0 comments:

Post a Comment