This week's recipes

This week, one of the meals on the plan is quinoa risotto, though I think now it will actually be a variation on this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/359410 with quinoa instead of the israeli couscous.  I got some wonderful asparagus and sugar snap peas at the farmer's market this week, and so it should be delicious.
Also, I plan to make veggie burgers, something I've never done before, from my own kind of recipe.  We have home-cooked black beans and a half block of firm tofu that I have frozen so I can defrost and crunble it.  I plan to mash up the cooked beans and crumbled tofu with breadcrumbs, eggs, worchestershire sauce and finely minced onions.  Then, I'll cook them on the grillpan and serve them with cheese, butter lettuce, and either ketchup or chutney on whole wheat buns.  I will post about how it turns out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment