Review of last week's recipes/ baking day

Well, last week went well!  The Thai fried rice turned out very well, and the quinoa was scrumptious.  I had to fuss with the veggie burgers a bit to get them right, but they turned out quite good in the end.

I learned that the veggie burgers need less time in the food processor, but more egg and bread crumb binder, than I originally thought.  So, the best ones were a mix of a cup or two of mushed black beans, a half block of frozen, pressed and crumbled tofu, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, a dash or two of worchestershire sauce, minced onions and spices.  I fried them on a griddle, because I was afraid they'd fall apart on a grill pan, and they were very tasty with cheese and ketchup on homemade honeywheat bread for buns.

Today is also baking day, but I didn't feel like going to the store for more yeast and flour, so I am trying a new, single loaf sandwich bread recipe, modified from this one: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-sandwich-bread-recipe.  The only change I made was to use half honey and half sugar for the sweet, and we'll see if that works!  It's still rising.  I also decided to mix and knead the dough entirely in my mixer instead of by hand... we'll see how that worked.  It was so much easier, but also less tactile and fun.

I will post this week's meal plan in bit here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment