Ooops, I did it again...


I have a problem.  

I have written about it before, but to reiterate: I read too much.  And I read in a devouring, time-sucking, kind of crazy way that the Husband finds both amusing and disturbing.  There are certain books I should know to stay away from unless I have them all at my disposal and lots of free time.  Like Harry Potter, for example, which I can't read without immediately reading all 7 to the exclusion of everything else in the world.  Yes, even though I have read them before.  

One series that I have this problem with is the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois MacMaster Bujold.  I just shouldn't read these books, because every time I do, I have to read all of them, and there are a lot.   A LOT.

Anyways, I stupidly picked up one of them that I happen to own while I was waiting for the next trio of Robin Hobb books I requested from the library to arrive, and now I'm in a position I have been in before and seem powerless to prevent: the Robin Hobbs have now arrived, but alas, I do not want to read them, I want to read the Bujolds, which are, of course, not at my library, on my shelf, or otherwise within my grasp.  Drat.  And, if I were a normal person, it would end there.  "Drat," I'd say, and then pick up the Robin Hobbs and read those and be happy.  Instead, I am rereading the ONE Bujold book that I have, and waiting for all the rest of them to come in to the library on special order.  

I'm a crazy person.

Also, these books are awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment