Voicemail

I subscribe to Google Voice, a service that transcribes my voicemails and then texts the transcripts to me.  I also get an email of the transcript and the voicemail itself.  I LOVE this service, because I was one of those annoying people who never listened to voicemails and would just call you back and ask about whatever it was you just spent three minutes leaving me a message about.  For whatever reason, I find I actually read the voicemail transcripts, or even *shockingly* listen to my voicemail, now that I get it in email form.  Don't ask me why; I don't know.

The one major drawback of the service is that it has a hard time with some voices, specifically, high squeaky ones.  And, unfortunately, my sister, my mother and myself all have the exact same voice.  (I still answer the phone "Hello, this is Alice" because of years and years of having people immediately assume I was my mother or my sister on the phone.)  Google Voice cannot figure out what we are saying, and so I get some pretty hilariously inaccurate transcripts.

Here's one from my sister today:


Hi, A trying to get your feet. Just wanted to say hi to talk to you and said they'd like it to you a very very soon. Can I talk to you know about that, definitely be a paper open. Hey, and then time off all day so You know it's contract your flight and everything. I compact Anthony late. And hey I think I just can't keep doing 3 days Berkeley. I'm going to have you here. But I am really good shape. Actually, it's distributing they left me feel really good if you like crap than the new about the printer. Actually, it's overwhelming with. I'm clicking if I don't know it anything. Bye. Things here and I, hey, love you and hope you are making everything and error that could be, new I love you and I'll be on tonight. Our home after 8. I need Tuesday if you were okay. I love you bye!



0 comments:

Post a Comment