Homemade Bread

Yesterday, my totally awesome friend Sarah and I baked bread. Lots of bread!  It was totally fun, and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  We used This Recipe for some delicious honey wheat bread.  We also made a loaf of french bread and turned it into garlic bread for a lasagna party with this recipe.  Even though we had no idea what we were doing, and there was much giggling, I think it was a resounding success. The French loaf looked gorgeous and tasted lovely, despite the fact that we didn't do an egg wash on the crust like the recipe called for.  It could have had a more robust crust; I'll be experimenting with artisanal recipes soon to try to get a nice crusty loaf.  But, generally I'm happy with our baking extravaganza.  I really want to do more from-scratch baking in the future, now that I know there's nothing really to be afraid of!

0 comments:

Post a Comment