Farmer's Market!

I actually hauled my lazy butt out of bed before noon on a Saturday, and it was totally worth it.  The Husband and I went to the Farmers' Market in Lake Oswego, and though its early in the season, we were able to get all kinds of tasty things.  We got a bunch of basil that is so fragrant and lovely that I just want to bury my face in it, and we got some beautiful sweet onions, some bok choi and other yumms.

In order to shop smart at the market, I did our meal plan early, though I was prepared to make some changes to it depending on what the farmers had at good prices.

Later today I'll go to the grocery store for the other ingredients we need.

Homemade Tomato Soup/ Grilled Cheese Sammiches
Cold Soba Noodle Salad
Fish Tacos
Yaki Soba Stir Fry
Pasta Primavera with Pesto

We're using leftover Tilapia from the pack that we bought for last week's Tilapia dinner, and so we'll only have to buy protein for the stir fry.  Our grocery list, now that we've stocked up on produce at the market, should be pretty short, but there will be a few specialty items on it... like a mango or peach salsa for the fish tacos, the soba noodles, and pine nuts for the pesto.  Still, those things are items I can either use in many more recipes (peach salsa marinated chicken is delicious on the grill!) or buy in small quantities from the bulk bins (pine nuts).   I'll also be spending a bit on flour, since I plan to bake bread and make pasta tomorrow.  But then we'll have fresh bread for lunch and for the grilled cheese that's in the dinner plan, and we'll have fresh pasta for the Primavera.  Yummmm.  I think we'll come in a little over budget this week, since we went with all organic produce at the market, but we'll still be pretty close to $40.

0 comments:

Post a Comment